If you are looking to start your own business, HMRC have a number of E Learning packages on their website giving advice. The packages advise on the tax and National Insurance issues involved in starting a business. The package can be completed in bite size pieces and you can be completed at your convenience. They cover subjects including:

  • Starting in Business
  • Registering your self employment
  • What records should I keep?
  • What can I claim against my Income?
  • VAT registration
  • Becoming an Employer

Starting Your Own Business

Advice for trades and professions:

Tax Advice for the Construction Industry

Tax Advice for Childminders

Tax for Foster Carers

Tax for Shared Lives Carers

Tax for Sports Businesses

Tax Advice for the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers

Exporting Goods (UKTI)

Trading with other EU Countries (UKTI)

Tax Advice for Driving Instructors (DIA)

Tax Advice for Driving Instructors (MSA)

Tax Advice for HABIA (Hair and Beauty)

HMRC also run both live, and recorded webinars. For further information, visit the link below